Monday 5 March 2018

Rosemary for Remembrance...

 So - it's March already.  in 2018. How did that happen?

Time seems to slip through my fingers these days without my noticing.  Is that how we get old? Without really noticing?

I went back to England for a couple of weeks, to visit old friends.  I wanted to visit more people, but the time slipped away, as ever, and I was exhausted after seeing only five.

I went to see my daughter and the grandchildren and spent the half-term week there, which was lovely.  I see them so infrequently and yet, when I am back there, it seems as if I never left. They grow, of course, but that is no surprise as I  see them regularly on Skype and Facebook.. I am so thankful for digital media.

This time, I caught the ferry, and I was ridiculously early...

Waiting for the ferry...

But I got there finally.

The weather was good for the whole fortnight, although England had some really dreadful storms with rain and snow after I left. We had some bad weather here in France, too, but mostly just freezing cold.

But now it's March and we're hoping for Spring to show its face.  We had a few windy days and some rain too, but the garden doesn't mind that...

Surely Spring can’t be far away...

Surely Spring can’t be far away...

Surely Spring can’t be far away...

Surely Spring can’t be far away...

...and the Rosemary is in flower yet again.

4 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Isn't it lovely to see the beginnings of Spring? Glad you had a good visit to UK and didnt get caught in our snowfall!

Lilbitbrit said...

Glad you had a nice trip home with family. How did the doorway go?

French Nanny said...

Hi Lilbitbrit

The door is still an ongoing project :-(

I have wedged 'stuff' in all the gaps to stop the draughts and I hope to deal with it properly once the weather is warmer

Sylvia S. said...

Hello Penny,
Is there a way I can write you outside this comment section?
If you'd like, send me an email address at sylse2002@hotmail.com
Thank you!
Sylvia