Monday 7 November 2011

Starry, Starry Garland...

Finished!  I used a whole ball of Phildar Perlé, held together with a thread of gold from a cone I have been trying to use up for years...  difficult to use as the gold breaks easily.  It is really hard to display the garland...

Star Garland

I didn't stiffen the stars in the end - too much hassle - and I crocheted the 'string' with more Phildar Perlé, using 50 chain at each end and 20 chain between stars...

Star - close

Must get on with Max's socks now...

Max's socks

2 comments:

Stocki said...

I think the little stars look gorgeous just as they are... (I tried out the Dylon liquid starch on mine and the result was no different to the spray starch..even at really high concentrations...so I'm going to use PVA in future). Christmas is coming! :)x

Evelyn said...

What a lovely holiday decoration ... it's so sweet and I can see how it will add an extra wintery touch to Christmas.